Cast your vote in the upcoming recall election as if gun violence prevention in California depended on you.
Because this time, it does.
At San Diegans for Gun Violence Prevention (SD4GVP), we STRONGLY URGE California voters to VOTE NO on the recall of Governor Gavin Newsom.
We believe that Gov. Newsom has been a RELIABLE ALLY in California’s efforts to keep firearms out of the hands of people who should not have them. In fact, not only do we believe that, but the proof lies in the many gun-violence prevention bills he has signed. Among them:
- AB 2847 (Chiu) ensuring that newly introduced handguns have consumer safety features and microstamps that mark bullet casings with information to help law enforcement identify shooters and gun traffickers.
- AB 2617 (Gabriel) making out-of-state Extreme Risk Orders enforceable in California.
- AB 2362 (Muratsuchi) allowing the California Department of Justice to impose fines on firearm sellers for violations to ensure that gun dealers engage in safe and responsible business practices.
- AB 2061 (Limón) ensuring that firearms dealers, gun shows and events conduct business in compliance with applicable state and local laws.
Protect California’s sensible gun laws: Vote “No” on the recall of Gavin Newsom.
Like you, we have been greatly relieved to have a governor in Sacramento who takes seriously the business of preventing gun violence.
If you want to keep that kind of champion working for you in California, here are some actions you can take before the recall vote on September 14:
- Phone Banking: Thursdays 6-8 pm, or Saturdays 1-3 pm Sign Up Here
- Texting: You choose your time. Sign Up Here
- Canvassing: Various dates. Sign Up Here
- Postcard writing: From the comfort of your home. Sign Up Here
To learn more about this election, click here.
But above all else:
VOTE NO on the recall of Gov. Newsom!
John White is a volunteer with San Diegans for Gun Violence Prevention.
photo credit: ABC10